- olive oil
- 5–6 (10-inch) flour tortillas – I use Mission Gluten Free tortillas
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles (don’t drain)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, mashed squash, or mashed sweet potato
- cilantro (optional)
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a medium or large pan over medium heat. Add bell peppers, and onion. Saute until soft and starting to caramelize, around 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in green chiles.
- Add black beans and sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper (as desired). Add pumpkin (or squash/sweet potato). Stir to combine.
- Spread a scoop of the bean mixture onto half of a tortilla. Fold tortilla in half to cover the filling, and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To cook, heat a pan over medium heat. Add folded “quesadillas” and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Slice and enjoy!