Roasted Maple Dijon Brussels Sprouts are the perfect healthy side dish–little tangy, a little sweet, with perfectly caramelized edges. (Vegan & Paleo)
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- generous pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise and place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dijon, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss dressing with Brussels sprouts.
- Place Brussels sprouts cut side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle over any remaining dressing.
- Roast at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes, or until golden, caramelized, and lovely. (Check them at about the 30 minute mark)
Don’t break this rule. I must make one thing exceptionally clear: you MUST use real, pure maple syrup in this recipe. NO pancake syrup allowed–it’ll scorch and won’t taste the same. Real maple syrup tastes rich, more subtly sweet, and lovely. If you can’t find it, you can substitute honey instead (or agave for vegan). PS – I usually find the best price at Costco or Amazon.
*Paleo/Gluten free Dijon. We have good luck with Organicville, Koop’s, or Annie’s dijon mustard. They’re all gluten free with great flavor that’s not too strong. Even if they won’t eat veggies, my kids love this stuff.
Leave them Alone. I’m a recovering Check-The-Oven-Too-Often-er. But trust me. If you leave these alone, you’ll get some gorgeous caramelization. If you don’t, they won’t get quite as gloriously caramelized. That said, I recommend giving them a peek at about the 30 minute mark to get a sense of how quickly they’re cooking.
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Method: Roasting, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted Brussels sprouts, Brussels sprouts recipe, maple dijon Brussels sprouts