Maple Pumpkin Pie – This naturally sweetened pumpkin pie recipe might be the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever had. Perfectly spiced and so delicious! (Gluten free, dairy free, paleo-friendly)
PRE-BAKE (“BLIND BAKE”) YOUR CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Gently press a large square of parchment paper into the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour in about 1 cup of dried beans or rice or a set of pie weights to weigh down the crust.
- Bake the pie crust for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the crust are turning golden. (This is called “blind baking”)
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and weights/beans (I gather all four corners of the parchment in my hand and lift so the pie weights/beans come with it).
- Bake an additional 5 minutes to help set the bottom a bit more.
- Remove from oven and lower the temperature to 325 degrees F.
MIX UP THE FILLING & BAKE THE PIE!
- While the crust is pre-baking, mix up the pumpkin pie filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt.
- Whisk until completely smooth (so you don’t get any eggy or uneven bits in your filling).
- When the crust is pre-baked and the pie weights/beans are removed, carefully pour the pumpkin pie filling into the crust.
- (For security, you may want to put your pie plate on a baking sheet, in case any of the filling sloshes as you put it into the oven)
- Place pie in the oven (temp should be lowered to 325 degrees F.) and bake 40-45 minutes, or until edges are set and the center is just slightly wobbly.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing and serving (the residual heat will set the center of the pie as it cools).
- Top with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: About 1 hour
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Maple Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie, Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie, Paleo Friendly Pumpkin Pie,