Thin Mint Energy Bites – These Mint Chocolate Energy Bites are a delicious snack or healthy treat! Made with simple ingredients, they’re great for meal prep. (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
FOR THE MINT CHOCOLATE ENERGY BITES:
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates (About 14–18 dates)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8–1/4 tsp. mint extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- water, as needed.
FOR OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 2–3 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. coconut oil
- Add dates, cashews, coconut, cocoa powder, vanilla, 1/8 tsp. mint, and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture starts to come together and no big pieces remain. It should stick together when you pinch the mixture between your fingers. Taste, and add additional mint extract, if desired.
- If your mixture is a bit dry (which can happen depending on how fresh + moist your dates are), add water 1/2 tsp. at a time as needed, blending 10 seconds between additions until the mixture starts to come together.
- Scoop the mixture into 1″ balls and roll between your palms to smooth the balls out.
- Place in an airtight container.
- If adding the chocolate drizzle, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Gently melt in 20 second increments, stirring until the mixture is silky smooth and easy to drizzle.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the energy bites using a fork or small spatula.
- Cover the container of energy bites and refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Energy bites will keep about 1 week covered in the refrigerator.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: thin mint energy bites, chocolate mint energy bites, mint chocolate energy bites