If you like, feel free to double the topping… I won’t tell.
For sweet potatoes:
- 6c mashed sweet potatoes (3–4 large sweet potatoes)
- 1c sugar
- 1/2c milk
- 1/4c butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla
For the topping:
- 1c brown sugar
- 1c chopped pecans
- 1/2c flour (can substitute Bob’s Red Mill GF 1 to 1 Baking Mix)
- 1/4c butter
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, and butter. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition to fully incoporate the eggs. Stir in salt and vanilla. Pour into a 9 x 13″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, and butter until very crumbly and well combined. (a pastry blender or two forks work well for this). Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or till golden.