For the crust:
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed
- 1/3c sugar
- 1/2c butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 4 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 1c sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 5 eggs
- 1/3c heavy cream
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
For sour cream layer:
- 1c sour cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Make the crust by combining graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl. Toss to combine well, then pat into a 9″ springform pan sprayed with nonstick spray. (I find this is easiest using the bottom of a measuring cup). Pat crumbs about 1″ up the sides of the pan. Cover and refrigerate crust while making cheesecake filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling, bean cream cheese with sugar and flour until well combined and creamy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition. Beat in cream, lemon zest, and vanilla until just combined.
- Remove graham cracker crust from the refrigerator and pour in the filling (it will come up above the graham crust. This is okay). Smooth top as best you can.
- Place springform pan on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 250 degrees and continue baking cheesecake 1 1/2 hours or until firm and set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and place on a wire rack to cool a bit while you mix up the sour cream layer. Run a thin knife around the edges of the cheesecake if desired to help loosen.
- In a medium bowl, make sour cream layer by stirring together sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread sour cream layer over the cheesecake, covering any cracks or seams that may have appeared. Smooth as best you can, and return to oven for 15 minutes longer.
- Allow to cool completely on the counter. Cover pan with plastic wrap or foil and Refrigerate until completely chilled and ready to serve, up to 8-12 hours. Remove springform edges and slice to serve.