Classic No Bake Cookies – This childhood classic brings big time chocolate peanut butter flavor without any baking!
- 2 Tbsp butter (or vegan butter)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk (or dairy free milk)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups peanut butter (use crunchy. Just do it.)
- 2 cups quick or rolled oats** (gluten-free, as needed)
- Set out a baking sheet lined with parchment, a silicone baking mat, or waxed paper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in cocoa, milk, and sugar. Stir to melt ingredients together.
- Bring mixture to a boil (bubbles all across the surface), and boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. (Note: allowing the mixure to boil for even a few minutes will completely dry out the cookies and leave you with nothing more than chocolatey granola. Believe me. It’s happened to me before)
- Stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oatmeal until well mixed. Stir until mixture has thickened a bit.
- Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheet pan and allow cookies to set (you can speed this up by popping the pan into the refrigerator for a few minutes).
- Transfer set cookies to an airtight container or bag.
- Makes about 2 dozen
*You can do 1/2 coconut sugar and 1/2 white sugar, but I don’t recommend doing all coconut sugar for this recipe, or the cookies don’t set up properly.
**I love doing 1/2 rolled oats and 1/2 quick oats for the best texture. Use whatever you have on hand!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No Bake Cookies, Classic No Bake Cookies