Classic No Bake Cookies – This childhood classic brings big time chocolate peanut butter flavor without any baking!
- 2 Tbsp butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk (or dairy free milk)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups peanut butter (use crunchy. Just do it.)
- 2 cups rolled/old-fashioned oats (gluten free as needed)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in cocoa, milk, and sugar. Stir to melt ingredients together. Bring to a boil that spans the whole surface of the mixture (rather than just the edges). Remove from heat.
- **allowing the mixure to boil for even a few minutes will completely dry out the cookies and leave you with nothing more than chocolatey granola. Believe me. It’s happened to me before***
- Stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oatmeal until well mixed. Stir until mixture has thickened a bit. Scoop heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to cool.
- Makes about 2 dozen
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: No Bake, stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No Bake Cookies, Classic No Bake Cookies