These light fluffy muffins are packed with fresh cranberries and bright citrus flavor. They’re perfect for the holidays! (Gluten free & dairy free)
- Zest of 1 orange (about 1–2 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from the orange, or from a carton)
- 3/4 cup milk (we like unsweetened almond or cashew milk)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or another neutral-tasting oil)
- 1/3 cup honey (can sub agave or maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free measure-for-measure flour blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries*
- 1/2–1 Tbsp. coarse Turbinado sugar (sometimes sold as Sugar in The Raw)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with parchment muffin cups or grease to prevent sticking.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, and milk. Stir to combine and let the mixture rest for at least 2-3 minutes while you prep your other ingredients.
- Add avocado oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla to the orange/milk mixture, and whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until mixture is just combined and there are no large powdery spots left (some small lumps are fine).
- Add cranberries to the batter and gently fold in, to combine. (If desired, reserve a few cranberries for the top of your muffins to make them extra pretty).
- Scoop the batter into 12 muffin cups (muffin cups will be full). (Add any reserved cranberries to the tops of the muffins and gently press into the batter, if desired)
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 17-20 minutes, or until the muffins are puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 1-2 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
*You can substitute frozen cranberries, if needed. Keep them frozen (don’t thaw) when adding to the muffin batter.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry muffins, orange cranberry muffins, gluten free muffins, gluten free cranberry muffins, gluten free orange cranberry muffins, dairy free muffins