For the chia oat bowls:
- 1/4c old-fashioned oats* (not quick-cooking)
- 1 Tbsp chia seed*
- 1/2c unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or original)
- 1–2 tsp pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
Ideas for toppings:
- Fresh berries–raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries
- Fresh mango & kiwi
- Coconut & mango
- Dried cherries & almonds
- Toasted coconut & almonds
- A dollop of your favorite jam or fruit butter
- For each chia-oat bowl, stir together oats, chia seeds, almond milk, and syrup (or honey). Refrigerate 3-4 hours up to overnight to allow everything to reach a pudding-like consistency. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*Gluten and dairy free notes: be sure your oats are certified gluten free. We’ve been very happy with Bob’s Red Mill brand. Also, double-check that your chia seed is safe. Sometimes, it’s processed on shared equipment with gluten- or dairy-containing ingredients and may cause a reaction, depending on your sensitivity. We got ours at Nuts.com, but I’ve also seen it at Trader Joe’s for a great price.