The Best Pecan Pie Recipe – This gorgeous pecan pie is made without corn syrup and tastes AMAZING. (Gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly!)
Note: Nutrition facts are for filling only, and assume you slice the pie into 16 slices.
(Adapted from Deliciously Organic)
FOR THE PECAN PIE FILLING:
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or maple sugar*)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, ghee, coconut oil, or vegan butter
- 3 large eggs, whisked until very smooth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves (or chopped pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and put a rack in the center of the oven.
- Place your pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan and put the pie pan on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a boil over medium heat. (There should be bubbles all across the surface of the syrup.) Boil 5 minutes. Don’t rush this step or your pie will not set properly.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut sugar, and butter/ghee/coconut oil. (This will help it cool down a bit. Make sure it’s not boiling hot before adding your eggs, or they’ll scramble.)
- Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the whisked eggs.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour filling mixture into your prepared pie crust.
- Gently, add pecan halves in any design you like on the top, or gently spoon over chopped pecans.
- Put the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is only slightly wobbly. Check the pie at the 20 minute mark to be sure your pecans aren’t over-browning. If either the crust or your pecans are browning too quickly (which can happen if your oven runs hot), you can cover it with foil for the last few minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing (the filling will continue to set as it cools). Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Making this in advance? Store it in the refrigerator, then thaw to room temperature before serving. You can also bake it, cover it and freeze up to a month in advance.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie, pecan pie recipe, paleo pecan pie recipe, gluten free pecan pie recipe, dairy free pecan pie recipe