The Best Pecan Pie Recipe – This gorgeous pecan pie is made without corn syrup and tastes AMAZING. (Gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly!)
Note: Nutrition facts are for filling only, and assume you slice the pie into 16 slices.
(Adapted from Deliciously Organic)
For the Filling:
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or maple sugar*)
- 2 Tbsp butter, ghee, coconut oil, or vegan butter
- 3 eggs, whisked until very smooth
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves (or chopped pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and put a rack in the center of the oven.
- Place your pie crust in a pie pan and put the pie pan on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut sugar, and butter/ghee/coconut oil. (This will help it cool down a bit. Make sure it’s not boiling hot before adding your eggs, or they’ll scramble.)
- Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the whisked eggs.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour into your prepared pie crust.
- Gently, add pecan halves in any design you like on the top, or gently spoon over chopped pecans.
- Put the pie in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is only slightly wobbly. Check the pie at the 20 minute mark to be sure your pecans aren’t over-browning. If either the crust or your pecans are browning too quickly (which can happen if your oven runs hot), you can cover it with foil for the last few minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing (the filling will continue to set as it cools).
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie, pecan pie recipe, paleo pecan pie recipe, gluten free pecan pie recipe, dairy free pecan pie recipe