This is the perfect classic chili recipe. Tuck into a bowl, serve it over a baked potato, or add a side of cornbread or corn chips!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (can sub ground turkey or ground chicken)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4–1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14oz) tomato sauce
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the ground beef and cook 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add onions and bell peppers. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Next, add garlic, spices, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cook until bubbly. If chili is more thick than you prefer, feel free to add 1/2 cup water or beef broth.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- If desired, brown beef and saute onions and peppers as directed in stovetop directions, then transfer cooked beef and sautéed onions and peppers to the crock of your slow cooker. (Or simply, add ingredients to the crock of your slow cooker).Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW 7-8 hours, or HIGH 3-4 hours.