- 1 (14oz) can chickpeas (drained and liquid reserved)
- 1 roasted bell pepper (jarred or fresh)
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter or tahini (optional)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2–4 tsp chili oil (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4–1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- Add chickpeas, bell pepper, cashew butter, olive oil, lemon juice, chile oil and spices to a blender. Puree until smooth, adding chickpea liquid as necessary to thin things out. Taste and add additional salt, chili oil, or spices as desired.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator. Serve with pitas, veggies, in wraps, etc.
- Hummus will keep about 1 week in the refrigerator.