This is such an easy summer side dish! Below is my basic method. See the notes for lots of variations!
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cups baby tomatoes
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt (or, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or, to taste)
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini and tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and stir to coat. Stir in balsamic vinegar, and add a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Spread veggie mixture out onto a baking sheet. Roast at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until you’ve reached your desired doneness (30 minutes will give you a more crisp-tender texture, while 45 minutes will give you some caramelization on the tomatoes that I like)
VARIATIONS TO TRY:
- Fresh herbs: after roasting, stir in 1-3 Tbsp of basil or cilantro.
- Dried herbs: add 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp oregano to the vegetables along with the salt and pepper.
- More veggies: add 1 diced onion, or 1 diced bell pepper, or 8oz of halved button mushrooms (or any combination!) to the mixture.
- Old Bay: add 1/4-1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning to the vegetables before roasting.
- Category: side dish, vegetables
- Method: Roasting, oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish, vegetables, zucchini, tomatoes, roasted vegetables, roasted zucchini, roasted tomatoes