This cozy pumpkin curry recipe has tender chicken, colorful veggies & a mega-flavorful sauce to warm you up from the inside out. (Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-Free)
For The Pumpkin Chicken Curry:
- 1 (14 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened–do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter or cashew butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1–1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken thighs)
- 3–4 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped or torn with your hands a bit
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Salt to taste (I like about 1/2 tsp.)
- Optional, for garnish: crushed peanuts or cashews, red pepper flakes, additional cilantro.
- Add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, curry paste, tamari/coconut aminos, peanut butter/cashew butter, garlic, and ginger into the crock of your slow cooker.
- Whisk until sauce is uniform and no large clumps remain. (This helps prevent burning)
- Add chopped bell pepper and chicken breast and stir to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken with two forks (try to keep the pieces fairly large at first).
- Stir in spinach, cilantro, and lime juice and stir 1-2 minutes to coat. Cover 2-3 minutes or until spinach is fully wilted.
- Taste the curry and salt, to taste.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with crushed peanuts or cashews, more cilantro, or red pepper flakes, as desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin curry, pumpkin chicken curry, paleo pumpkin chicken curry, paleo pumpkin curry, whole30 pumpkin curry, gluten free pumpkin curry