This Chicken Taco Salad is fresh, fast & flavorful. It’s one of my favorite warm weather dinners! (Gluten free, paleo friendly)
For the Chopped Salad:
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 8 oz diced chicken
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Tortilla strips*, tortilla chips, or pepitas
For the Southwest Ranch Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I like avocado oil mayo)
- Juice from 1 lime (1–2 Tbsp)
- 1–2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder (optional–it adds some kick!)
Assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and serve with tortilla strips, chips, or pepitas.
Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, 1 Tbsp water, chili powder, dill, pepper, salt, and chipotle chili powder.
- Whisk until it’s totally smooth. Dressing will keep in the fridge about 1 week.
*To make homemade tortilla strips, brush or spray 4 corn tortillas with olive oil. Slice into 1/2″ strips and arrange on a baking sheet so they’re not touching. (More air circulation will give crispier strips). Broil 3-5 minutes per side, or until they’re golden and browning.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Salads
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex
Keywords: chicken taco salad, southwest chicken salad, southwest chopped salad, chopped taco salad, chicken salad, taco salad