- 1/2–3/4lb chorizo
- 1–2tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- scant 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1c arborio or short-grain rice (you can use long-grain if you can’t find short)
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 2c water
- salt and pepper
- Brown chorizo. Drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent and tender. Add garlic and smoked paprika and cook 1-2 minutes more. Add rice and stir to coat. red peppers, tomatoes and juices, and water. Cover the saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and reduce to a simmer.
- Stirring occasionally, cook rice mixture 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. If liquid is absorbed before rice is tender, add a few tablespoons of water and continue cooking till done.