- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large (20oz) can pineapple chunks, drained and JUICE RESERVED
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut unto chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or gluten free tamari*
- 2 Tbsp ketchup*
- 1/3 c packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a large pan, cook onion and peppers in olive oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender.
- While peppers and onions are cooking, make sauce by draining the pineapple juice into a liquid measuring cup and adding enough water to the pineapple juice to make 1 1/3c. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk until well combined.
- Add chicken and pineapple to skillet with peppers and onions. Add sauce to pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir and cook until sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Serve with rice.
*Gluten/Dairy free notes: Be sure your ketchup is gluten free (most are). We like Hunt’s with no high fructose corn syrup. Also, be sure to use gluten free tamari. San-J make a great one.