- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4c) butter, softened
- 1 1/4c brown sugar
- 1c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4tsp salt
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4tsp baking soda
- 2c minus 2 Tbsp cake flour
- 1 2/3c bread flour
- 20oz (3 1/3c) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time until well incorporated. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift in salt, baking powder, baking soda, cake flour, and bread flour. Stir until dry ingredients are well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press plastic wrap against the surface of the dough and refrigerate dough at least 24 hours (dough can remain refrigerated up to 72 hours).
- When ready to bake cookies, scoop golfball-sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Bake 6 cookies at a time at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, or until edges are golden but centers are still slightly gooey. Allow cookies to rest on the warm baking sheet about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack (this will allow the heat from the pan to finish cooking the centers).
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.