- 4 (4oz) tilapia fillets, patted dry
- 1c fresh basil leaves
- 1/4c toasted pine nuts
- 1/2c fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest and juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 small clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, combine basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan, zests, juices, and garlic. Process or blend until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired (I used about 1/4-1/2tsp of each). Set sauce aside.
- Salt and pepper the tilapia. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle pan with olive oil (could also use butter or nonstick spray). Cook tilapia on one side 3-4 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with pesto sauce.