It’s that time again! We’ve had a great recipe year and it’s time to wrap things up. Without further ado…
Reader top 10 recipes from 2014:
10. Almond Joy Bars (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo, Whole30). These are homemade Larabars made from just a few simple ingredients. They make a great on-the-go snack or addition to a lunch box. If Larabars are your thing, these Chocolate Cherry ones are my fave, and these blueberry ones are a crowd-pleaser.
9. How to Make Your Own Gluten Free Flour Blend. We use this all the time for our Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins (which we make year round). I walk you through a formula for concocting your own blend, then share the flours I like best.
8. Chicken Lettuce Wraps (GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30). I love lettuce wraps! These are so great. You can make them Paleo/Whole30 friendly (with coconut aminos), gluten free (with tamari), or stick with soy sauce if that’s your thing. These are fresh, easy, and so so so mouthwatering!
7. Oatmeal Cookie Granola (GF, DF, V). Breakfast is my happy place. I’m more of an eggs-and-veggies sort of girl, but Michael eats a batch of granola every week or two. This combination tastes SO much like an oatmeal cookie. (Michael’s favorite granola this year was actually this Trail Mix Granola. He was surprised that the oatmeal cookie granola was more popular!)
6. Slow Cooker Beef Stew (GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30). This is the best beef stew I’ve ever eaten. I know, that’s a big statement to make, but I believe this recipe can back it up. It’s delicious and healthy and you’re going to love it. Did I mention it’s a slow cooker recipe? Because it hardly gets any easier, friends.
5. Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF, DF, Paleo). These were the first real-deal chocolate chip cookies we got to try after going gluten and dairy free. The texture is gorgeous, and the coconut-almond-chocolate flavors together are yummmmmmy.
4. Slow Cooker Butter Chicken (GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30). It’s a set, forget, and go to heaven recipe. I love it plain with green beans. Milo and Sophie like it with rice.
3. Citrus Avocado Sauce (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo, Whole30). I make this at least twice a month, and it lasts for a few days each time. I use it on everything–morning scrambled eggs, with veggies to dip, over tamales, chicken, fish, or anything tex-mex. It. is. heaven.
2. Chicken & Lime Soup (GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30). This recipe has been pinned over 10,000 times. Dozens of you have made it and told me how much you love it. And it makes me happy, because I really, REALLY love it. It’s full of flavor, and is super healthy to boot. I love it plain, but Milo and Sophie like tortilla chips or these GFDF corn muffins. Try it. I know you’ll love it.
1. Chicken Zucchini Poppers (GF, DF, Paleo, Whole30). These were MEGA popular this year. They were shared by Diane Sanfillippo (my fave), and Melissa Hartwig (one of the creators of the Whole30 program), and pinned over 56,000 times on Pinterest (not including repins!). They are unbelievably delicious, squeaky clean healthy, and freeze like a dream. We love them. LOVE them. We serve them with our Citrus Avocado Sauce, and can’t get enough.
A few old posts still going strong…
These recipes received a LOT of attention, interaction, and social sharing this year. In case you’ve missed them in the past…
>> Honey Lime Tilapia– This is the recipe that has converted a lot of fish haters to fish eaters. The marinade is simple and SO flavorful. You can break the tilapia into big pieces for fish tacos if you want a bit of variety. (dairy free)
>> Quinoa Stuffed Peppers – Mexican stuffed peppers with quinoa and black beans. We skip the cheese now that we’re dairy free, but these are popular with vegans and meat-eaters alike. Some readers like adding a bit of ground beef, chorizo sausage, or chicken for extra protein. They’re also great with rice if you’re not a quinoa person. (Gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
>> Homemade Fudgecicles – These are the ice cream version of our bread and butter during the summer. We make at least one batch per week (as well as other smoothie flavors). They fit nearly any dietary restrictions–gluten free, dairy free, vegan, Paleo, and NO added sweetener. You’d never know it for how fudgy and delicious these are. (Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, paleo)
>> Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos – These have been a top recipe since they were posted. The flavors are delicious and they make a great meatless meal. (gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
>> Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas – These were Michael’s birthday dinner last year, and a LOT of you have tried and loved them. It’s a super-simple slow cooker recipe that makes a great freezer meal or make-ahead dinner on a night you’re entertaining. Add your favorite taco toppings, and dinner’s served. Serve this in lettuce wraps for a low-carb or grain free option, and you’ve got yourself a SUPER flavorful Whole30 dinner! (Gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30)