My ultimate guide to healthy homemade lemonade! Here’s how to make healthier, naturally sweetened lemonade from scratch, plus EIGHT delicious flavor variations. Try original, mango, peach, watermelon, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry & blueberry flavors! (Gluten free, vegan friendly)
- 6 cups water
- 1/3–1/2 cup light-tasting honey or agave
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Fruit puree*
- Optional: a few sprigs of fresh mint or basil
- Heat 1 cup of water in a saucepan or the microwave until very warm to the touch (not boiling).
- Add honey and stir to dissolve.
- Pour honey mixture into your pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and water
- If adding fruit puree or herbs, add puree and herbs along with the water (see notes for how to make fruit puree)
- Stir to combine and taste, adding more fruit puree, fresh herbs, honey or agave as desired.
- Lemonade will keep about 1 week in the refrigerator.
*TO ADD FRUIT FLAVORS: Puree 2-3 cups of fresh (or thawed, from frozen) fruit in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add puree directly to the lemonade for a rustic or “freckled” finish, or strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve before adding it to the lemonade for velvety smooth fruity lemonade. Our favorite fruits to add are: mango, peach, watermelon, strawberry, raspberry, blackberries & blueberries.
MIX & MATCH FRUIT FLAVORS. You don’t have to just add one kind of fruit! Why not do peach-mango, mixed berry, strawberry-watermelon, or raspberry-peach? Or, add even more flavor combinations when you…
ADD FRESH HERBS. Our favorite fresh herbs to add to lemonade are mint or basil, but you can get creative and go with cilantro if you like! I start with just a few sprigs and add from there. Watermelon and berries are great with either mint or basil. I love mint with mango, peach, watermelon, and any of the berry flavors. So light and fresh!
- Category: Drinks, Beverages
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy lemonade, homemade lemonade, healthy homemade lemonade, naturally sweetened lemonade, watermelon, lemonade strawberry lemonade, raspberry lemonade, mango lemonade, peach lemonade, blackberry lemonade, blueberry lemonade,