These energy bars are a hit with kids and grownups! Made from simple ingredients, they’re gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and totally delicious!
- 2 cups pitted dates (I use Medjool)
- 1 cup almonds (I use sliced)
- 1/2–3/4 cup finely shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4–1/2 tsp almond extract
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse or blend until very smooth and the mixture comes together in a big lump.
- Press mixture out into an 8×8″ pan lined with parchment. I use a mini-roller to get it extra smooth, but hands and fingers work just fine. Refrigerate 15-30 minutes to firm up a bit, then slice into squares or rectangles to serve.
- Bars will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or 1 month in the freezer.