Almond Joy Energy Bites – These chocolate coconut energy bites are made from healthy ingredients but taste like a sweet treat! Healthy meal prep snacks for the win! (Paleo + Vegan)
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates (about 16 dates)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3–4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. coconut extract (can sub almond extract or additional vanilla extract)
- pinch salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
- Optional: 2-3 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Optional: water for blending
- Add dates, almonds, coconut, 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, vanilla and coconut extracts, and salt to a food processor.
- Cover and blend until the mixture comes together in a ball. Depending on how fresh your dates are, your mixture may be a bit dry. If it’s not coming together in a ball, add 1 tsp. of water at a time, blending in between additions until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Add chocolate chips, if using, and pulse or fold in with a spatula to incorporate them into the mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop or measuring spoon to scoop 1 Tbsp. balls. Roll them between your hands to smooth them out. (If your mixture is sticky, get your fingers *very slightly* damp with a drop or two of water to help them look smooth.)
- Repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into energy bites.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or in the freezer about 1 month.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Almond Joy Energy Bites, chocolate coconut energy bites, chocolate energy bites, coconut energy bites