These Chocolate Coconut Almond Overnight Oats are such a treat to wake up to! They’re great when time’s tight and you need something easy. (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
For The Almond Joy Overnight Oats:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder (Dutch cocoa/alkalized cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut (toasted, if you can!)
- 1 Tbsp. sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- a few drops almond extract
- a pinch of salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
- 1/2–1 cup almond milk or light coconut milk
Optional toppings: shaved or shredded coconut, more sliced or chopped almonds, mini chocolate chips, cacao nibs, fresh berries, etc.
- In a bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, coconut, almonds, syrup, vanilla, almond extract (if using), and salt.
- Drizzle in the milk and stir until the liquid is fairly uniform. (No large chunks of cocoa powder remain.)
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken slightly, then stir again. (This will help prevent the chia seeds from settling in a clump or falling all to the bottom.)
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or jar and cover.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve them, give the oats a stir and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Almond Joy Overnight Oats will stay fresh in the refrigerator 2-3 days for the best texture, but can keep up to 4-5 days.
- To serve the oats warm, heat in a pan on the stovetop with a drizzle of milk over medium heat, or in a bowl in the microwave for 60-90 seconds with a drizzle of milk, as needed.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond joy overnight oats, chocolate coconut overnight oats, vegan almond joy overnight oats, chocolate almond overnight oats