- 1 lb. chicken breast, pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4–3/4 tsp red chili flakes (To taste. Start small!)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (or more, to taste)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil or cooking fat of choice
- optional: fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan. Add chicken and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes on one side. Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, make apricot sauce. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent and just starting to color.
- Add apricot preserves, vinegar, honey, 1/4 tsp chili flakes, smoked paprika and basil. Stir well to combine. Taste and add additional chili flakes or smoked paprika, as desired.
- When chicken is cooked, pour sauce over chicken to coat. Garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired and serve immediately.