Asian Kale Crunch Salad – This colorful kale salad has a rainbow of veggies, a tangy Asian-inspired dressing, and plenty of crunch. It’s a fresh, delicious side dish or awesome main dish any day of the week! (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo-Friendly)
FOR THE ASIAN KALE CRUNCH SALAD:
- 6 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced mango (1 red mango or 2 yellow mangos) or mandarin oranges
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or toasted almonds
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari (or coconut aminos or soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
START BY MAKING THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl or jar, combine tamari, vinegar, oil, and sesame oil.
- Whisk until well blended.
MAKE THE ASIAN KALE CRUNCH SALAD:
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Add 2-3 Tbsp. of the dressing and use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale. (This will break down and slightly soften the kale. It will end up about half its original volume. I don’t recommend skipping it! Stirring just doesn’t do the same thing.)
- Wash your hands, then add cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, mango, green onion, cilantro, and sunflower seeds or almonds.
- Drizzle with 2-3 Tbsp. more dressing and toss the salad to combine, adding more dressing if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator 2-3 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kale crunch salad, asian kale salad, asian kale crunch salad, rainbow kale salad