Avocado Chicken Salad – Tender chicken with creamy avocado sauce makes a delicious healthy lunch any day of the week! Try it on sandwiches, with crackers, in lettuce cups, and more! (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30-Friendly)
FOR THE AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD:
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 cups (10–12 oz.) shredded or cubed cooked chicken breast
- Bread, buns, wraps/tortillas, crackers, lettuce cups, tomato slices, or tortilla chips.
- First, make the avocado dressing. In a large bowl, combine avocado, mayo or yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Mash the mixture together until the avocado is fairly smooth and the ingredients are well combined. (You can mash this as smoothly as you like–puree it with an immersion blender for a fully smooth finish, or roughly mash if you’d like some texture)
- Stir in the cooked chicken and toss to coat with the avocado dressing.
- Serve in sandwiches, wraps, with crackers, in lettuce cups, on tomato slices, or with tortilla chips.
- Chicken salad will keep 2-3 days in the refrigerator.*
*TO STORE THE AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD: Transfer the avocado chicken salad to a food storage container with a lid. Press plastic wrap or reusable food wrap onto the surface to prevent air exposure. Alternatively, you can use the back of a spoon or spatula to level out the surface of the salad, sealing the edges against the sides of the bowl or container you’re using. Cover the surface of the chicken salad with a thin layer of water. When ready to serve again, drain off the water and give the chicken salad a stir before serving again. Repeat as needed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado chicken salad, ranch chicken salad, paleo chicken salad, whole30 chicken salad, chicken salad with avocado,