Avocado Salsa – This yummy dip is the perfect mash-up of guacamole + salsa verde. It’s amazing as chip dip, but also tastes great on burritos, taco salads, nachos, burgers, sandwiches, and more! (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegan)
PS – The flavor gets even better after it has a chance to sit for a while!
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
- 3–4 tomatillos (fresh or canned)
- 1/4–1/3 cup white or sweet onion
- 1/4–1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt (+more, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (+more, to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3–4 Tbsp. water, to blend
Optional: 1/4 tsp. cumin, 1 (4oz) can mild green chiles
- Place avocado, onion, 1/4 jalapeño, cilantro, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, juice of 1/2 lime, and 3 Tbsp. water (and any optional ingredients you plan to use) in a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Taste avocado salsa and add additional salt, pepper, onion, lime juice, or jalapeño to taste. Puree to combine
- Store covered in the refrigerator, up to 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 mintues
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: avocado salsa, avocado salsa dip,