Serve with toast soldiers and a side salad for a complete meal.
- olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (14.5oz) can petite diced tomatoes (crushed, diced, or whole would be fine too)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- salt and pepper
- 2–3c baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- cilantro, minced (optional)
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until translucent and tender. Add tomatoes and their juices, cumin, coriander, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Add spinach (it will look like FAR too much) and cook, stirring often, 3-5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Divide tomato mixture into 4 (10oz) ramekins (I sprayed my ramekins with nonstick spray first). Crack one egg into each ramekin on top of the tomato-spinach mixture.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees 12-15 minutes, or until whites are opaque and yolks are still soft. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.