- 1 lb ground beef
- 8oz mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 (14oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 3–4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (or butter or ghee)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over low heat. Add ground beef and cook to brown. Add mushrooms and onions. Continue cooking until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Stir until well combined. Add basil and stir well. Set to simmer over very low heat 30-45 minutes. Taste and add additional basil, salt, or pepper, to taste.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- If desired, brown ground beef ahead of time. Add onions and sauté 10-15 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Set on low to cook 6-8 hours. Serve over pasta.