Black Bean Taco Salad – A gorgeous vegetarian taco salad with colorful veggies + a creamy dressing you’ll love! (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
FOR THE BLACK BEAN TACO SALAD:
- 1 bag of romaine or mixed greens
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or halved grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing, or your favorite dressing!
FOR THE CRISPY TORTILLA STRIPS:
- 6 corn tortillas, sliced into 1/8–1/4” strips
- spray avocado oil or olive oil
FIRST, MAKE YOUR TORTILLA STRIPS:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly mist a baking sheet with spray oil.
- Add sliced strips of tortillas to the baking sheet (trying not to overlap too much) and mist the tops of the strips. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake tortilla strips 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before adding to the salad.
MEANWHILE, PREPARE YOUR SALAD:
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, and avocado. Add tortilla strips.
- Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing (or your favorite dressing) and toss the salad to combine. (If you like, you can wait to add the tortilla strips until the very end. It’s up to you!)
- Alternatively, you can set out the ingredients and let everyone build their own salad. This works great for kids!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: black bean taco salad, vegetarian taco salad, vegan taco salad,