- 2 (28oz) cans tomatoes or about 3.5 lbs slow roasted tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1–2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 cups (1 quart) vegetable broth (can sub chicken or beef broth)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add onion and carrot and saute 5-7 minutes, or until the veggies begin to soften. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay and broth. Stir to combine.
- Working in batches, blend in a blender (don’t fill more than 1/2 full and let cool slightly before blending).
- OR use a hand/immersion blender to carefully blend the soup right in the soup pot.