Classic BLT flavors with a breakfast twist. This fully loaded BLT quiche recipe takes breakfast or brunch to the next level! (Gluten Free + Paleo Friendly)
- 1 (9″) pie crust (gluten free or paleo, as needed)
- 2 cups spinach or baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion or shallot
- 1 cup large diced tomatoes (or halved cherry/grape tomatoes)
- 8 oz. bacon, crisped and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk (we like unsweetened almond or cashew–use what you drink!)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs for garnish, such as cilantro, basil, or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare your pie crust for “blind baking” (baking without filling). Gently pat down a piece of parchment onto the bottom of the uncooked pie crust. Pour in some pie weights or about 1-1 1/2 cups dried beans to weigh down the parchment.
- Pre-bake the crust at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until it’s set but not golden. (It will continue cooking in the oven as the quiche bakes.)
- Remove crust from oven and carefully remove parchment and pie weights/beans.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the quiche filling. Add spinach, onion, tomatoes, and cooked bacon to the pre-baked pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk or blend with an immersion blender until completely smooth.
- Pour egg custard mixture into the pie crust over the veggies/bacon.
- Place quiche on a baking sheet (to prevent any spills) and bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes, or until almost the entire quiche is set, but the center is *slightly* wobbly. (It will continue to set as it cools.)
- Allow the quiche to cool at least 15-20 minutes before slicing. (The center should no longer be wobbly)
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: BLT quiche, paleo quiche, gluten free quiche, bacon quiche, tomato spinach quiche, spinach quiche, dairy free quiche