Burger Bowls with Special Sauce – Load all your favorite hamburger toppings onto a bed of greens and drizzle with our favorite special sauce to build an amazing burger salad. (Gluten-Free, Paleo & Whole30-Friendly)
FOR THE HAMBURGER:
- 1 lb. ground beef (I like 97/3 or 90/10 ground beef)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos, gluten-free tamari, or soy sauce (can sub worcestershire)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
FOR THE SPECIAL SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pickle relish (or 1/4 cup minced pickles + 2 tsp. pickle juice)
- 1–2 Tbsp. pickle juice or water, to thin out the sauce
- 1/8. tsp. salt
- 1/8. tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill (or about 1 tsp. fresh)
TO BUILD YOUR BURGER BOWL:
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 cup halved baby tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup pickle slices
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced (or minced)
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced, 4-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled, grated or cubed cheese, etc.
MAKE THE BEEF:
- Heat a medium or large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, tamari/coconut aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the beef until browned and fully cooked through, stirring regularly to break the meat up a bit, about 8-10 minutes.
MAKE YOUR SPECIAL SAUCE:
- While your beef is cooking, mix up your special sauce. In a jar or small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, 1 Tbsp. pickle juice, salt, pepper, and dill. Whisk until fully combined. Taste and add more mayonnaise, pickle, salt, or pepper, if needed, or thin out the sauce with more pickle juice or water.
BUILD YOUR BURGER BOWLS.
- Once your beef is cooked and the special sauce is prepared, you’re ready to build your burger bowls! For each burger bowl, combine 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 of the ground beef, diced tomatoes, pickles, onion, bacon, and avocado, as desired.
- Drizzle burger bowl with 2-3 Tbsp. special sauce and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: burger bowl, hamburger bowl, burger salad, hamburger salad,