Butternut Squash Curry – This easy squash curry recipe is packed with a rainbow of veggies and pulled together with a creamy curry sauce that’ll keep you coming back for more. (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1/2 red pepper, large diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 yellow pepper, large diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. mild yellow curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium gluten free Tamari (or soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter or cashew butter*
- 1 (14oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro (or basil)
Optional garnish ideas: fresh cilantro or basil, crushed peanuts or cashews, sliced red chilis, red pepper flakes, lime wedges, etc.
- Add coconut oil and squash to a Dutch oven or large skillet. Cook squash over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until fairly tender.
- Add bell pepper and green onion and cook 4-5 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic, ginger, and chickpeas and cook 1 minute
- Add curry powder, tamari, peanut butter, and coconut milk. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cilantro and cook 2-3 minutes, or until spinach has wilted.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian-American, Vegetarian, Vegan
Keywords: butternut squash curry, squash curry, vegetable curry, vegan curry