I highly recommend serving this sweet & spicy pork with a batch of green chile lime rice.
- 1 (2.5-3lb) pork loin roast
- 1 can yellow El Pato sauce
- 1 can green El Pato sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (I use no salt added)
- 1/2– 3/4c brown sugar (or more, if you want it less spicy)
Ideas for serving:
- rice (I prefer green chile lime rice)
- black beans
- enchilada sauce*
- grated cheese*
- Put roast in a slow cooker with about 1c water. Cook on high 8-10 hours. Remove roast and shred with forks, removing any fat. Drain and quickly rinse crock pot (don’t worry about getting everything out, just a quick rinse to remove any extra fat hanging around). Return shredded pork to slow cooker with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine well and heat through till warm.
- In a flour tortilla, add a layer of rice, pork, and black beans. Roll up like a burrito, and spoon enchilada sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheddar (or other) cheese. Broil until cheese is melty. Serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
*For a gluten free version, use brown rice tortillas and be sure your enchilada sauce is gluten free (most green sauces are). For dairy free, just skip the cheese!