You can make as many stuffed sweet potatoes as you like! The amounts below are per person, so feel free to double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed!
FOR EACH BREAKFAST STUFFED SWEET POTATO:
- 1 Small-Medium Sweet Potato (about 6 oz. each)
- 1 Egg, scrambled
- 2 Strips Bacon, cooked
- 1/4 Avocado, sliced
- 2–3 Tbsp. halved baby tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cilantro or parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. Butter, ghee, or avocado oil for cooking the egg
FOR THE BAKED SWEET POTATOES:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potatoes well and prick each potato 3-5 times with a fork.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 45-60 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork or sharp knife.
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, start preparing your fillings. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp and browned (or bake it on a sheet pan in the oven 18-25 minutes, or until cooked to your liking)
- Cook your scrambled eggs in a skillet on the stovetop. In a small bowl, whisk the egg until smooth and lighter in color. Heat 1/4-1/2 tsp. butter or olive oil in your skillet over medium heat and add the scrambled egg. Stir over medium-low heat, stirring with a spatula regularly, until the egg has cooked through and is fairly opaque.
- Prepare the fresh veggies–slice avocado or cut into dices, halve baby tomatoes, and mince herbs.
ASSEMBLE YOUR BREAKFAST STUFFED SWEET POTATO:
- When the sweet potatoes are baked and tender, use a sharp knife to make a cut lengthwise about halfway through the potato.
- Use a fork to gently open the cut (opening the “jacket”) and use your fork to slightly fluff up the potato.
- Spoon in scrambled eggs, then tuck in bacon slices (or crumble over the top–your choice), and garnish with avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
MORE IDEAS TO TRY: Try salsa, guacamole, everything bagel seasoning, cheese, or more veggies on top (like sliced green onion or sautéed peppers and onions)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast stuffed sweet potato, California breakfast sweet potato, stuffed baked sweet potato, Whole30 breakfast