Chocolate Brownie Hummus – This chocolate hummus (yes, really!) makes an awesome snack with fruit, pretzels, and more. (Gluten-free, Vegan)
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 5–6 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed (or dark) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. water
Optional: chopped chocolate, chocolate chips, or cacao nibs, for garnish
- Add chickpeas, oil, peanut butter, and syrup to a food processor or blender.
- Puree until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape down the edges and add cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and water.
- Puree until smooth and blended, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste and add additional salt or syrup, as desired.
- Garnish with chocolate if desired, and chill until you’re ready to serve.
Hummus will keep covered in the refrigerator about 5 days.
DIPPING IDEAS: strawberries, blueberries, apple slices, banana slices, clementine segments, pretzels (gluten-free, if needed), graham crackers, animal crackers, etc.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate hummus, brownie hummus, brownie batter hummus, chocolate brownie hummus, cocoa hummus