- 2 cups frozen cherries (sweet or tart)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (can sub any milk you like)
- 1–2 cups spinach
- 2–3 Tbsp cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 drops almond extract
- 2 scoops collagen protein (for paleo–see notes for vegan)
- optional: 2-3 tsp pure maple syrup (as desired)
Place all ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
VEGAN NOTES – You can swap in an unflavored vegan protein powder, or use 2 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds in place of the collagen
NO HIGH SPEED BLENDER? Puree your spinach and milk together before adding the other ingredients. This will help give you the smoothest finish.
CACAO – 2 Tbsp of cacao will give you a more pink/cherry smoothie, where 3 Tbsp will amplify the chocolate color and flavor. Do what you prefer!
FOR A THICKER SMOOTHIE – Try using a frozen banana cut into pieces. You may need a bit more milk to blend, but this will give you a frosty texture. Or, you can try adding about 1 cup of ice.
- Serving Size: about 1.5 cups
- Calories: 189kcal
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0