Chocolate Hazelnut Overnight Oats – Creamy chocolate overnight oats with a nutella-inspired twist! We love this easy breakfast! (Gluten-free, vegan)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- pinch salt
- 1–2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2–3/4 cup milk (we use almond, cashew, oat, or coconut)
- 1–1 1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1–2 Tbsp. hazelnuts
- a few drops vanilla
Optional extras: mini chocolate chips, cacao nibs, dried cherries, sliced bananas, fresh strawberries or raspberries, etc.
- In a small bowl or jar (I find it’s easier to mix in a bowl), combine oats, chia seeds, salt, syrup, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp. hazelnuts, vanilla, and any desired mix-ins.
- Stir to combine, then taste and add additional cocoa powder, syrup, or milk as desired.
- Transfer to a jar or container and cover. Refrigerate at least 30-40 minutes, up to overnight.
- To serve, add a little drizzle of milk or syrup, if needed, then top with any desired extras for topping!
WAYS TO CHANGE THEM UP:
- ADD SOME CHOCOLATEY CRUNCH! To play up the chocolate element, I love adding a tiny sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (they go further!) or cacao nibs (a great unsweetened option).
- DRIZZLE WITH A LITTLE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BUTTER. You can kick up the Nutella flavor by adding a small drizzle of Nutella or a dairy-free chocolate hazelnut butter (like this one, this one, or this one). It’s a fun treat every now and then!
- TOAST THE HAZELNUTS. If you have a few extra minutes, toasting hazelnuts in a dry pan on the stove for a few minutes till they’re golden and fragrant is an easy way to add TONS of flavor.
- ADD SOME FRUIT. Chocolate and fruit go together beautifully, so you can also mix in some dried cherries, diced strawberries, a few raspberries, or some sliced banana. It’s all yummy!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate hazelnut overnight oats, nutella overnight oats, healthy nutella overnight oats, chocolate overnight oats