Wake up to a yummy meal prep breakfast with our peanut butter chocolate overnight oats recipe! It’s delicious, and easy to make in advance. (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
For The Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats:
- 1 Tbsp. drippy natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy!)
- 2 tsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder (Dutch cocoa/alkalized cocoa powder)
- 1/2–1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 3/4–1 cup almond milk
- Additional peanut butter, for drizzling
- Chopped peanuts
- Cacao nibs
- Mini chocolate chips
- Sliced bananas or fresh berries
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine (the mixture will be thick.)
- Add chia seeds & rolled oats to the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- Drizzle in the milk and stir until well combined. (No large chunks of cocoa powder or peanut butter should remain. A few small pieces of peanut butter are fine!)
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken slightly, then stir again. (This will help prevent the chia seeds from settling in a clump or falling all to the bottom.)
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or jar and cover.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve them, give the oats a stir and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats will stay fresh in the refrigerator 2-3 days for the best texture, but can keep up to 4-5 days.
- To serve the oats warm, heat in a pan on the stovetop with a drizzle of milk over medium heat, or in a bowl in the microwave for 60-90 seconds with a drizzle of milk, as needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chocolate peanut butter overnight oats, chocolate peanut butter overnight oats, peanut butter chocolate overnight oats