Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles (Vegan) – These healthy chocolate peanut butter popsicles feel like such a delicious treat! Creamy, naturally-sweetened, and totally delicious (vegan, gluten-free)
FOR THE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER POPSICLES:
- 3 very ripe medium bananas (fresh or frozen), sliced into chunks
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dark cocoa/Dutch-processed cocoa)
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or more almond milk)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: natural peanut butter, chocolate shell*, crushed peanuts, mini chocolate chips
TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER POPSICLES:
- Place bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt into a blender.
- Pour coconut milk and almond milk over all of the ingredients.
- Cover and blend until completely smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides, as needed.
- Taste the mixture and add additional sweetener, as desired.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds. Cover with a lid if possible, or cover with foil. Then, insert the sticks.
- Place the popsicle mold in the freezer on a level surface and freeze at least 3-4 hours, or until completely solid.
- If desired, drizzle frozen popsicles with warmed peanut butter or chocolate shell, and top with crushed peanuts or mini chocolate chips. Return to the freezer for a few minutes to set.
TO REMOVE POPSICLES FROM A POPSICLE MOLD: Run each well of the popsicle mold under cold water for a few seconds at a time, then jiggle the popsicle back and forth with the popsicle stick to loosen. If they’re not coming out easily, run under water again for a few seconds and try again.
*Optional chocolate shell: 1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter popsicles, vegan chocolate peanut butter popsicles, chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles, healthy chocolate peanut butter popsicles