We love this chocolate protein yogurt bowls recipe! It’s a delicious high protein breakfast idea–no eggs required!
For The Chocolate Yogurt Base:
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (or plant-based alternative)
- 1–1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder*
- 1/2–1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional maple syrup
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- a little milk (to thin, if needed)
- Fresh berries–strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped nuts–pecans, peanuts, hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, etc.
- Cacao nibs
- Toasted coconut
- Ground flaxseed or hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- Peanut butter, almond butter, or another nut or seed butter
- Add Ingredients To A Bowl. In a small mixing bowl or a 2-cup meal prep bowl, combine Greek yogurt, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a small drizzle of maple syrup (if using).
- Mix. Whisk or stir to combine until everything is fully dissolved and well incorporated. (There might be a minute where it seems like it’s not working–just keep stirring and it’ll come together shortly)
- Taste & Adjust. Then, taste the chocolate yogurt and add more sweetener, additional protein powder, some vanilla extract or unsweetened cocoa powder, or a pinch of salt, to taste. (If you prefer a thinner texture, feel free to add a splash of milk to thin it out a bit.)
- Serve & Store. Top with your favorite goodies and enjoy right away, or store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 3 days.
*Our favorite chocolate protein powder is Vital Proteins Chocolate Collagen. Our second favorite is Simply Tera’s lactose-free dark chocolate whey protein powder. Feel free to use your favorite!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate protein yogurt bowl, chocolate yogurt bowl, protein yogurt bowl