Chunky Monkey Baked Oatmeal – This peanut butter banana baked oatmeal is loaded with goodies like coconut and chocolate chips to make any morning feel special. (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
FOR THE WET INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk (can sub almond milk or do 3/4 cup coconut and 3/4 cup almond)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 egg (or 1 chia egg* or 1 flax egg* for vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
FOR THE DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, to sprinkle on top
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Milk for drizzling, sliced bananas, chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), peanut butter to drizzle, toasted coconut, additional chocolate chips, or fresh berries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 (or 2-quart) baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix mashed banana, coconut milk, peanut butter, syrup, egg/chia egg, and vanilla until smooth and uniform. (No large chunks of banana or peanut butter remain.)
- Add rolled oats, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden and the mixture has puffed.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serve with your favorite toppings!
*TO MAKE A CHIA OR FLAX EGG: Combine 1 Tbsp. chia seeds OR flax seeds with 3 Tbsp. water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Let the mixture sit 4-5 minutes to gel. Stir again once before adding to the recipe as directed.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chunky Monkey baked oatmeal, peanut butter banana baked oatmeal, chunky monkey oatmeal, chocolate banana baked oatmeal