- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas (sometimes called garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sub cashew butter or olive oil if allergic to seeds/nuts)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1–2 cups fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4–1/2 tsp salt (or, to taste)
- 1–3 tsp finely minced fresh jalapeño (more or less, to taste)
- 1–3 Tbsp water, as needed
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth, adding a little bit of water at a time as needed.
- When hummus is completely smooth, taste and add additional jalapeño, salt, cumin, or cilantro as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.