This bright, fresh ranch dressing gets plenty of flavor from fresh cilantro and plenty of lime. Add a bit of kick with some jalapeño, or see the notes for more ideas for playing with the flavor!
- 1 cup mayonnaise or veganaise*
- 1/2–3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 3–4 slices jalapeño (or more, to taste)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried dill (or 1/2 Tbsp fresh)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3–4 Tbsp milk or water (I use unsweetened cashew milk or water)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or a tall cup for an immersion blender.
- Puree until completely smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, cilantro, jalapeño, or lime juice as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
*Mayo & Veganaise: My favorite mayonnaise for this is avocado oil mayonnaise (which is often paleo or whole30 approved) and my favorite veganaise is Just Mayo brand.
Twist the flavor – You can also add about 1/4 tsp of chili powder or cumin if you like to give it more of a Tex-Mex flair. It’s delicious this way, and is probably my most used variation.
Lighten it up! You can swap half the mayo for sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, or mashed avocado. (The avocado variation is delicious and the lime juice helps keep it from browning for a few days. It won’t last quite as long, though.)
Add more heat – If you like things spicy, the easiest way to add more kick is my adding more jalapeño. Each jalapeño varies in heat, so there’s really no way to know exactly how hot yours is until you taste it. If, after mixing, you find the heat lacking, add another few slices and blend them on in!
- Category: Condiment, Salad Dressing
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex
Keywords: Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing, cilantro lime ranch, vegan ranch, paleo ranch, dairy free ranch,