Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos – This tasty twist on taco night uses marinated shrimp, delicious toppings, and a creamy sauce you’ll LOVE! (Gluten free, dairy free, paleo-friendly)
FOR THE SLAW:
- 1 pkg. coleslaw mix (10-14oz) or shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or more, to taste)
FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 4 Tbsp minced cilantro
- zest of 1 lime (optional)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + 1 Tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Corn tortillas (at least 8-10)
- Salsa, guacamole, or a creamy sauce like Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- Any other favorite taco toppings, such as sliced avocado, black beans, tomato, jalapeño slices, etc.
FIRST, START THE SLAW:
- In a large bowl, stir together coleslaw mix, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Stir to coat well and set aside while you make the shrimp (this’ll give the cabbage time to soften)
NEXT, MAKE THE SHRIMP
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, cilantro, lime zest (if using), lime juice, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to coat well. Cook immediately, or let it sit 5-10 minutes to marinate a bit.
- When ready to cook, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches so as not to overcrowd the shrimp, cook shrimp 1-2 minutes per side, or until opaque and cooked through. (You’ll notice the shrimp turning opaque as you cook the first side. Flip and cook the second side until the rest of the shrimp is fully cooked and opaque).
- Set cooked shrimp aside on a clean plate and repeat with remaining shrimp, adding more olive oil if needed.
- When all the shrimp is cooked through, remove the pan from the heat and return all shrimp to the pan to heat through for serving.
BUILD YOUR TACOS:
- To assemble your tacos, let everyone build their own by adding a few shrimp and a bit of slaw to warm corn tortillas.
- Add any additional desired toppings and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Shrimp tacos, tacos, gluten free, dairy free, chili lime shrimp, cilantro lime shrimp, cilantro lime shrimp tacos