This yummy cilantro-lime slaw tastes amazing as a side dish, or spooned into tacos, burrito bowls, and more!
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1–2 tsp. honey or agave (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (more or less, to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix (or green cabbage), purple cabbage, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice, 1 tsp. honey (if using), salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine well. (The slaw may still look a bit dry. Don’t add more liquid yet!)
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes on the counter or in the refrigerator. (The cabbage will soften, and the mixture will get “juicier”)
- Stir again and taste. Add additional cilantro, salt, pepper, honey, or lime juice to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days. (Slaw will continue to soften in the refrigerator.)
MIX IT UP! TRY ONE OF THESE YUMMY VARIATIONS ON OUR CILANTRO LIME SLAW.
- ADD A SPOONFUL OF YOGURT OR MAYO. If you prefer your cilantro lime slaw creamy, add a spoonful or two of mayo or plain yogurt to the mixture.
- ADD A PINCH OF CHILI POWDER. A little pinch of chili powder adds a smoky note that’s really nice with the cilantro and lime!
- ADD A LITTLE GREEN ONION. For another savory note, you can add some thinly sliced green onion to the slaw.
- ADD SOME JALAPEÑO. Or, try adding a bit of kick with a bit of minced or thinly sliced jalapeño!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: cilantro lime slaw, honey lime slaw, slaw for tacos, cilantro lime slaw for tacos, taco slaw, burrito bowl slaw, fish taco slaw