For shrimp & vinaigrette:
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined (thaw if frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3–4 Tbsp olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
For the salad:
- 4–5 cups salad greens or 3 cups cooked orzo, or cooked quinoa
- 3–4 Tbsp finely minced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups halved baby tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced (pit and peel removed)
- leftover vinaigrette (see above)
For the Shrimp and Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, 3 Tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cilantro. Add 3-4 Tbsp of vinaigrette mixture to shrimp (place in a shallow dish or zip-top bag to marinate).
- Marinate 5-10 minutes (don’t go longer, or shrimp will start to cook/cure in the lime juice).
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Working in batches (so you don’t overcrowd the pan), cook shrimp about 1 minute per side, or until just cooked through. Remove to a bowl or plate and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- To assemble your salad, stir remaining vinaigrette into salad greens, orzo, or quinoa. Top with onion, tomato, cooked shrimp, and diced avocado. Gently stir to combine, and enjoy!