- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (or ground flax seed)
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 cup oatmeal (rolled or quick cooking oats–gluten free, if needed)
- 1 heaping cup pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (can sub coconut, dairy, cashew milk, etc)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make the chia “egg” by combining chia seeds and water in a small bowl for 3-5 minutes.
- Put oatmeal and pecans in your blender or food processor and pulse until fine and powdery. Add coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add chia egg, milk, vinegar, olive oil, and vanilla and puree until well combined. Let mixture sit about 5 minutes.
- Grease 6 muffin cups. Fill each with batter, dividing evenly among the baking cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees 20-25 minutes, or until set and cooked through. Allow to cool.